The Inhalater INH004 is a portable vaporizer manufactured by Pharmacor Techologies of Canada.
- Type: active conduction/convection, direct draw
- Heat source: ni-chrome wire, powered by internal 18650 Li-Ion battery pack
- MSRP: $250
- Made in: Quebec, Canada
- Website: http://www.inhalater.com
- Support: email@example.com
- Offical Users Guide: Inhalater Manual
- Official FAQ: Inhalater FAQ
- Warranty: 1 year Inhalater Warranty
- Additional features:
- Micro USB charging
- Adjustable temperature range from 284°F to 410°F (140° to 210° Celsius)
- Polyimide vaporization chamber and capsule (a thermally stable resin used in high-heat medical applications)
- Nicknames: INH004, INH004XP, Inhalater (Not to be confused with the original Inhalater, a flame powered concentrate vaporizer)
- Promotions: None Currently
- 1 Overview
- 2 Description
- 3 History
- 4 Usage
- 5 External Links
- 6 FAQ
The Inhalater INH004 is a portable herbal vaporizer released in early-mid 2012. Its heating time is ~30-60 seconds on a full charge, depending on the heat chosen. The polyimide herbal capsules are easily to switch in/out and hold approximately 0.5g of plant matter. It uses a single (user-replaceable, but somewhat tedious to replace) 18650 lithium ion battery. The battery has a 6 hour charge time (with the included wall power adapter) and lasts for 2 hours of continuous use or 15 6-minutes cycles.
The Inhalater INH004 kit includes the following items:
- 1 Inhalater INH004 with Capsule
- 1 spare capsule
- 1 AC to USB charger with detachable USB cable
- 10 Sanitary Tips (1/4" inner diameter, 3/8" outer diameter tubing to be used as mouthpiece extensions)
- 10 cleaning sticks (TBD)
- 1 user manual
- 1 Year Warranty with original receipt
- Size: 6.5 in (16.5 cm) length, 0.875 in (2.2 cm) diameter
- Weight: 4.4 oz (125 g)
User replaceable 18650 Lithium Ion battery.
The unit's physical design is a lot like Hippie Dickie's Bud Toaster but works a little differently. A polyimide chamber (glass in HD's case) wrapped in a nichrome wire. The air enters through two holes at the top and is pulled around a spiral next to the wires, but separated by polyimide, which has exceptional heat transmission capabilities. Then the air is pulled down and then up into the heat port. There is a small ceramic piece in the bottom of the heat port, other than that, it seems that the airpath is only polyimide. The vapor path is pretty much 2 centimeters of polymide, what seems to be an Ultem (polyetherimide) mouthpiece, and your throat.
- Produced 2012 - TBD
- Pocketable Vaporizer
- Heats quickly in 30-60 seconds
- Adjustable temp from 0-10
- Micro USB Charging
- Charging/Passthrough (You can use the unit while charging)
The original version of the inhalater had a rounded metal cap and a dial that went from 1-7, max.
Dial now goes from 1-9, max. Maximum temperature increased.
Cap became flat and black with this revision. Unknown durability improvements and issue fixes for internals.
Visually indistinguishable from previous version, wires connecting to heater core have been made thicker to improve durability.
The INH004XP is a more durable and better performing version of the INH004 that began shipping in mid-February 2013. Cosmetic changes include: various color choices (including black), logo has been reduced to 75% of original size.
Not much information has been released on the INH005 (with an estimated release date of 2014) but it is expected to have digital displays for temperature and battery life, and internet communicability for firmware updates.
Prolonging the battery life
Li-Ion batteries will last longer if you do not discharge them completely. A common recommendation for longest battery life is to re-charge when they are discharged to 80% capacity. The best approach is therefore to re-charge between sessions.
The Inhalater is extremely adaptable to various usage preferences. Inhalation speed doesn't seem to impact performance, nor does the amount loaded. To use the Inhalater, you load and insert a capsule, select a temperature on the dial, wait for the temperature light to turn solid (it blinks faster as it approaches the selected temperature), and inhale.
|Level||Spec Temp (as of July 2012)||Measured Temp|
|Level||Spec Temp||Measured Temp|
Tips for Maintaining the Capsules from FC'er Slightly Medicated
- Don't squeeze the capsules. Use some sort of blunt tool to empty the capsule out. I tap the mouthpiece and it usually falls out.
- Make sure you empty/clean it out when it is still HOT. The hotter it is the less stuff will stick inside. When it cools the oils get sticky and help trap the flowers in the screen and sides of the capsule.
- While it is still hot. If you are at home use a can of compressed air and blow air through the mouthpiece end (out the end you load in). You want to blow in that direction... it will clean it out better.
- Find one of the air intake holes on the side of the device. They are located on the black rings. Use the compressed air to blow through that hole. It well help keep the heater chamber clean.
Size Comparison: Left to Right: Omicron Mini, Omicron V2, Persei, Thermovape T1, BIC Lighter, Inhalater IN004, Arizer Solo, 12oz Beer Can
Manufacturers Overview and other Reference Information
3rd Party Reviews
What is the size of a capsule?
10mm outer diameter, roughly 25/64" or just over 3/8"
Does the INH004 work well with a partially filled capsule?
Yes, it works well with any size load.
Does the INH004 require a packed load
The INH004 works well with a loose or a packed load.
What size tubing fits onto my inhalater's mouthpiece?
Tubing with a 1/4" inner diameter.