Heat Island ("HI") vaporizers are "log-style" vaporizers made by Alan of Toasty-Top fame. Compared to other log-style vapes, Heat Islands have very little internal stainless steel mass. This allows the HI to be relatively small, makes it very hot, and gives it a shorter warm up time. One user-reported disadvantage is that it's possible to reach combustion temps.
- Type: Passive convection
- Heat source: 12-Volt ceramic resistor inside of stainless-steel heat exchanger
- MSRP: $140 (including power supply). Exotic woods available for additional $10 charge
- Made in: USA
- Website: http://toasty-top.com/
- FC thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/
- Warranty: limited lifetime warranty ( http://toasty-top.com/ ) "The Toasty Top is so simple and well designed that we are able to offer a limited lifetime warranty. If we caused the problem, we will fix it. If you caused the problem, we will still fix it, but it will cost you."
- Additional features: RoHS compliant, 100% lead-free construction. Optional accessories include: variable voltage power supply, car adapter, custom glass roasting tubes, custom wooden roasting tubes, and car power adapter. Exotic woods available for additional $10 charge
- Nicknames: the HI
- Instructions/usage: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-48#post-214358